The Ramco Cabbage have been growing very successfully in their pots in the greenhouse for some time but it was now time that they went out down the allotment. The root system was good and they were starting to poke out through the bottom of the pots.
I was initially hoping to simply put them in the raised bed I made and put some ready made large cloches over them but when I went to do it, it didn't work out as planned, as the cloches were far to wide for the bed. Therefore, I then had to get the materials and make a purpose made frame and cover.
I already had the wood and enviromesh left over from when I made the stump frame, so it was just a case of transporting down the allotment.
I spaced the Ramco out evenly along the bed, ensuring to provide enough space for them to grow. I then gave a good covering of slug pellets.
I also though while I was down the allotment, I would check in on how the potatoes were doing in the bags, which were done last weekend. I was very pleased to see they were already up and through. This must have been purely down to the good soaking I gave each bag and the warmth of the tunnel.
I was panicking previously, as I thought I would be behind due to having to wait on Medwyn's mix being delivered, but after some sound advice from him, to start them off in 5" pots, I ended up not losing any time at all.
I will look to put these outside next weekend.